Why should you vote for Anne Marie for Eugene 4J School Board?
Anne Marie will work for our schools:
- She is a proven education leader who works tirelessly to make our district better.
- She always puts the interests of students and their education first in her decision-making process.
- She fights for funding for our schools.
- She actively listens to community input and brings those ideas to the school board.
- She evaluates issues without bias or preconceived notions about how education should work.
Anne Marie has made a real impact on our 4J schools:
- She worked on multiple successful campaigns for the 4J Bond Campaign and the Local Option Levies. Her firm donated services for marketing and graphic design to help pass these measures.
- The 4J Bond passage directly paid for four new schools in our district: Roosevelt Middle School, Howard Elementary (completed), River Road and Arts & Technology (under construction).
- The Local Option Levy Renewal helps fund our schools by providing additional funds during difficult financial times.
- Her work led to the passage of the 4J Resolution on creating support for Students Regardless of Immigration Status.
- She was a part of the successful hiring of Dr. Gustavo Balderas.
Anne Marie has extensive community involvement, she has volunteered and worked diligently to make a difference in the lives of families and children:
- Eugene School Board member since 2007; Board Chair 2015-16; Equity Committee member 2009-12; Budget Committee member since 2007; Eugene Education Association member 2012-14; Vision 20/20 member 2016; Audit and Finance member since 2016.
- University of Oregon Journalism and Communications Advisory Committee since 2014.
- University of Oregon Alumni Association Board 2005-13; Board Chair 2012-13; Equity Committee Chair 2007-09.
- Looking Glass Youth and Children Services 1997-05; Board Chair, Nominating Chair and Board Secretary.
- ShelterCare 1998-09.
- Lane Community College Bond Campaign Volunteer 2008.
- City of Eugene Planning Commission 1997-06.
- City of Eugene Public Involvement Committee 2001-05.
- Eugene Education Fund Campaign Chair 2008.
- Lundquist College of Business, Business Advisory Board since 2001.
- Lane Community College, Lane League Executive Board since 2008.
- League of Women Voters Fundraising Chair 1994.
- Mayor's Library Committee
- SouthEast Neighbors Board 1996-97.
- McKenzie-Willamette Festival of Trees PR Committee 2000-01.
- FOOD for Lane County and Birth to Three Capital Campaign Committees 1995 and 1998.
Anne Marie has chaired and worked on successful fundraising campaigns, contributing time and energy to create strategies for enduring funding solutions:
- Member of the committee to pass the Eugene 4J Bond 2013.
- Member of the committee to pass the Eugene 4J Local Option Levy 2009 and 2014.
- Chaired Eugene Education Fund Campaign 2008.
- Chaired Birth to Three Annual Event 2007.
- Chaired Looking Glass Annual Event 2005.
- Committee Member of FOOD for Lane County Capital Campaign 1998.
- Committee Member of Birth to Three Capital Campaign 1995.
- United Way Corporate Giving Campaign 2003.
Anne Marie is focused on the issues surrounding our children and their education:
- Chaired the most successful Eugene Education Fund Campaign ever, raising $786,635.
- Fox Hollow Site council member from 2006 - 2009 and site council chair in 2007, 2008 and 2009.
- Kidsports Basketball coach.
- Volunteers in schools.
- Mother of two 4J elementary students.